The Antrim Mill Project

Antrim Mill Corporation acquired the former Goodell Company mill on Main Street in Antrim, NH in 1999. The historic property was built in the late 1800’s in stages and originally produced Ames Shovels. It was sold to the Goodell Company and later Chicago Cutlery. Until 1989, the site produced paring and cutlery equipment. 

The present owners have worked closely with the State and Town of Antrim officials to bring new tenants to the property. Antrim Mill Corporation began leasing to small business tenants and will build spaces to suit tenant needs. A new roof, new windows, upgraded heating system, sprinkler system, insulation, and better bathroom facilities improved the existing office space. The brick office section on Main Street has five tenants today, including the Town Teen Center. 

​The Town has granted a variance to allow for 28 residential units, and Rick Monahan Architects has developed a preliminary framework for these units.The old boiler house space at the far north end of the Great Brook building could be used as a community space by the residential tenants and might generate some income. Residential units could be offered for sale as condominiums, and the target market would include empty nesters, singles, couples, and first time buyers. There is currently a model apartment available to view. The flat roof connector will link the residential areas to Main St. access via a roof garden.

Antrim is a small NH town with an engaged community with an excellent school system (Conval) and town services that include all the population. Main Street has an Inn, a grocery store, restaurants, gas stations, Post Office, Town offices, police station, hardware store, library, schools, and other services all within easy walking distance. With traffic traveling on Rt. 202 connecting Peterborough’s Rt. 101 and Hillsborough’s Rt. 9 the small town gets Monadnock visitors and residents during all the seasons. Antrim Mill Corporation is working to implement a sustainable development that will enhance the site’s historical significance and bring new development to the town.